Monday, October 1, 2012

Books #3 and #4

Book #3: Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie
My colleague gave this to me as a book to read while recovering from surgery.  She said it was one of her favorite books and that she thought about reading as a read aloud to her 1st grade class.  I had a difficult time getting into it.  It was an easy read, but a bit non-sensical and a lot of play on words.  It reminded me of the book Phantom Tollbooth, and how it plays on words (although I like Phantom TB better). =)  2 1/2 out of 5.


Book #4:  I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had by Tony Danza.
I heard about this book through some magazine I was reading, and put it on reserve at my local library. As a teacher, I was curious to know what he learned while teaching English at a high school.  It was interesting, but not necessarily a book I would recommend for others to read.  I'm glad he learned what he learned, and for someone who doesn't know anything about the education system, I think it would be enlightening, but for me it was just alright.  2 out of 5 stars.  



No comments:

Post a Comment